Monday, May 21, 2012

Birthday Baking

I turned 30 today. My 2 year old was also running a fever and my 3 year was hell-bent on being naked all day. So, naturally, we all ended up making biscuits for my 4 year old... who happens to be a Westie. 


Meet Powder: sweet, trusting, but not too bright. I love him ever so much.

So, if you're having a day like I had today and know a hungry dog, I suggest making these.

Ingredients  

1 large egg
1 large banana, mashed
1/3 cup organic, creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 and 1/2 cups brown rice flour*
1/2 cup rolled oats

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine the egg, mashed banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Mix well. 
  3. Add the flour and oats and stir until combined.
  4. Flour your work surface and roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. 
  5. Using a cookie cutter, cut and place the dough onto your baking sheet (they don’t spread so you can place them pretty close together). 
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy.
  7. Store tightly covered.
* This is the gluten-free substitute for whole wheat flour. I recommend it because a lot of puppers have a hard time digesting wheat. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm probably going to make some for Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make these for our Cocker Spaniels Ollie (2) & Mollie (6 1/2 ). Took Ollie to medicine man today- yeast infection in his ears so he got 3 RX's & I bet he would like these and I know Mollie will. Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete